Last update: June 30, 2016
Perpetto is a technology company behind the website located at www.perpetto.com including its successor domain names or sites (the “Site“), the Perpetto platform, as well as a number of related services under the brand name Perpetto (“Perpetto”) for optimizing the shopping experience on third party ecommerce shops websites and apps (collectively called “Services“).
Perpetto uses data collected through the Product about the end users (“End User Data”) in order to make the Product accessible and available to our Clients and End Users and have other rights except for the described ones.
Clients of Perpetto can be any legal entities (“Clients”), which own, control, operate or support internet websites or mobile applications that perform advertising or other activity aimed towards the visitors and registered users (“End Users”) of these internet websites or mobile applications.
It is important for you to read this policy in full to understand what information we process about you, how we may use it and how you can access, update and delete your personal data. However, if you don’t have time to read the whole policy now, here is the main reason we collect different types of information about our users:
- To help our Clients provide you with a more personalized shopping experience, such as making recommendations or telling you what specific content you might like, prioritizing products that are available in your size, or sending you personalized marketing email news or products, where you have signed up to receive such news.
Compliance with laws and your rights
The legal requirements regarding data protection are contained in the Data Protection Act (in force from January 2002, as amended from time to time) and in Directive 95/46/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 October 1995 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
Broadly, the laws require that:
- You agree your data to be processed which in general terms means to be collected, used, oraganized and stored;
- You agree to processing of information which is capable of identifying you indirectly (such as IP addresses)
- No more information than is required is asked of you;
- Your personal information must be securely kept to prevent unauthorised access;
- You have a right to know what information an organisation holds about you;
- Your personal information must be deleted when it is no longer required; and
How Perpetto operates?
Perpetto acts as an third-party vendor to the Client’s website or mobile application to which the End User (You) has granted permission (if applicable). Perpetto is gathering and storing End User Data on the Client’s behalf. We do this only at the request and with the consent of the Client.
Our mission is to allow businesses around the world to understand what their users are interested in without compromising each person’s right to privacy. Our Services enable our Clients to:
- analyze their website’s users’ behavior data to build a notion of the End User profiles and general interests (“User Preferences”);
- be able to suggest suitable products (“Recommendations“) to every End User on their website and mobile application; and
- send personalized emails (“Emails“) to the End User who is registered, has subscribed to receive email marketing or is customer of the Clients.
Information we collect
Types of Collected Data
We collect information on this Site and on websites of Clients using the Services.
While using the Product, Perpetto, on behalf of its Client in accordance with its Data Protection Policy, will collect, save and analyse data from the websites or mobile applications of the Client. We perform these activities on Client’s request and in accordance with his directions thereof.
Note: Most of the Profile Data we collect is already existent about you on the Clients’ Services. It is often protected by privacy settings for your profile and you will or have been explicitly asked to authorise our Client’s website to access it while subiscribing for a newsletter, make a registration, purchasing a product or otherwise providing explicit information to the Clients’ Services.
When you subscribe for a newsletter, make a registration, purchase a product or otherwise provide explicit information you are authorising the Client’s website or mobile application to access certain Profile Data about you. Depending on the website or mobile application form this will include basic Personal Information such as name and email address.
Usage: This data is used to help the Clients provide you with a personalized shopping experience as well as communicate with you in a personalized manner, displaying to you on the website and mobile application or sending you via email products that Perpetto considers relevant for you.
We provide automatic data collection to Clients, similar to those found on most web sites, so that when you visit the Client’s website we receive non-personally identifiable information that allows to track your computing device’s use of the Site and to collect certain basic information about your shopping interests. This information is associated with a given device and browser, not a particular person, and includes information about your operating system, your IP addresses, browser type and language, viewed and referring pages and URLs, keywords, date and time, and similar information concerning your use of the Site and the Services (the “Usage Data”).
We collect this information automatically by using cookies. Cookies are very useful and do lots of different jobs that help to make your experience on websites as smooth as possible. For more information on cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Remember, disabling cookies may disable many of the features available on the Service, so we recommend you leave cookies enabled.
Usage: For example, cookies let you move between web pages efficiently, remembering your browsing preferences. By using cookies and understanding your browsing preferences we attempt to figure out potential topics of interest and generally improve your user experience.
Certain Activity Data collected by Perpetto is also made available directly to us by the Client (“Event Data”). The Client has the ability to manually pass the Events Data to our back-end for additional personalization.
Usage: The Event Data is used to understand what specific pieces of content is suitable for you. Most often event data is used to track product properties such as product categories, product sizes, etc. so that we further improve the products that are offered to you.
How we use information about you?
The Product may combine the information about you including, for example, your Profile, Activity and Event data to build up an unique representation of the types of products which might be of interest to you.
The Product will use the data we collect about End Users of our Clients in the following ways:
- To help us monitor, analyse and improve our Services.
- To build a notion of your interests and preferences.
- To help us provide insights to our Clients about which content, products and services are most interesting, enjoyable and useful to you. The data also helps Clients to identify when errors occur within their products and services, and test different versions of a page or feature to see which one works best.
All of these measures help our Clients:
- Provide you with a more personalised shopping experience
- To recommend you products suitable to your personal interests.
- To help you navigate their product inventory more easily and find a suitable product faster.
- To improve their products and services.
Usage: For example, if a Client you have registered with receives information that you are interested in the health and beauty categories, you may find that they display to you more health and beauty products on their Homepage.
How long we keep End User Data?
Perpetto will retain the data we collect on our Site, the data we collect through our Service, and the data we process on behalf of our Clients for as long as needed to provide our Services. Perpetto will retain and use this information as necessary for backup, archival, analytics and to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Following termination or deactivation of a Client account, the Client will no longer be able to access any End User Data. If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please contact email@example.com.
How is data shared?
We disclose information collected via the Services to other companies or individuals as follows:
- Generally we do not disclose information to our Clients, because they already have that same data on their disposal.
- We may disclose information to our subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us, in which case we will require them to honor this policy
- In the event we go through a business transition such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, we expect that any and all information that we have will be among the assets transferred;
- We disclose information to third-party service providers (e.g., data storage and processing facilities) if required by us so that those service providers can perform certain business functions for us or on our behalf;
- We do not sell your data to third-party service providers
Whether you are an End User or a Client, with this Declaration you acknowledge that End User Data can be extended with End User Data from any web site or mobile application of the Client.
Consent and Data Protection
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Bulgaria and choose to provide information to us or use the Services, please note that we transfer the information, including Personal Information, to the European Union and especially data centers such as Holland and United Kingdom, where are data centers are located.
When you use the Services, you are consenting to that transfer.
Keeping your data safe
Perpetto maintains strict administrative, technical and physical procedures to protect data stored in our servers, which are located in the European Union. Access to data is limited (through user/password credentials) to those employees who require it to perform their job functions. We use industry-standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology to safeguard the account registration process and sign-up information. Other security safeguards include but are not limited to data encryption, firewalls, and physical access controls to building and files.
What control do You have?
You can always revoke Perpetto’s usage of your data for Email Marketing by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link on the bottom of every email sent by Perpetto. This will remove you from all future email marketing sent by Perpetto. You may still receive offers or other marketing communication from the Client’s own products and services, but it won’t be sent from Perpetto and won’t be tailored especially for you.
The fastest way to revoke Perpetto’s usage of your data for Personalized Recommendations is by disabling your browser cookies. See the next chapter for more information.
Please contact the Client whose services you have registered for if you have questions about the Client’s use of your data or technology service providers like Perpetto, or just have specific requests concerning your data, such as disabling your account or deleting your data.
With this Declaration you give your consent to receive recommendations, offers or other marketing communication from the Client’s products and services once your data was deleted by Perpetto.
Questions or Concerns
Deleting or disabling cookies: You may be able to disallow cookies to be set on your browser. Please look for instructions on how to delete or disable cookies and other tracking/recording tools on your browser’s technical settings. You may not be able to delete or disable cookies on certain mobile devices and/or certain browsers. For more information on cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Remember, disabling cookies may disable many of the features available on the Service, so we recommend you leave cookies enabled.
Perpeto BG OOD, Ltd.
56-58 Krum Popov Str.
We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.